Friday, March 28, 2008

Our Pets!






So my neighbor came over the other day and as she was leaving she looked in my bushes and shrieked and said that I have a huge snake in my bushes. Well upon investigating this snake it turned out to be 3 snakes all curled up together basking in the warmth of the sun. So of course the mayham ensued with the neighbor kids and my nieces, Ally and Rachel. So Ally has wanted a snake for a long time and I told her to come over and get her birthday present. She tried to catch one and it struck at her good thing she was wearing a sock on her hand. The snakes slithered down the bush and as we were looking it turned out that we have more than 3 snakes at last count it was at seven. So then the next day we went over to my mom and dad's for dinner and we were telling my dad all about these snakes that were basking in the sun and he started laughing and told us that they weren't so much basking as they were mating. So with my dad you never know when he is kidding or telling the truth, to the internet we went and come to find out this wasn't a mom snake with her two babies as I so innocently thought, but in fact a female snake with two males doing their thing. So who knows how many more snakes we will have living around our house. As long as they stay outside and eat the mice and the voles they are welcome to stay. Also I would like them to stay out of sight as well.

9 comments:

Chris said...

I Can't believe that you wont even let them do their thing! Sheesh! Poor snakes!! How would you like it if you were being poked at while you were doing "your thing"??? LOL
Your killing me Aimee!! LOL

Wolsey's @ The Mouth Of The Canyon said...

Carter, we totally waited until they were done. The poking came when they were on the ground. :)

Chris said...

AND YOU FILMED THEM??!!!!!!! WOW. I found out something new about you today!!!!!!!

disneyking said...

I'm not sure how I feel about having snakes that close to the front door. Aren't you the least bit scared?
If that'd been our place, I'm afraid that shrub would have been doused (sp?) in gasoline and torched by now.
I'm scared to come see you guys now.
I haaaate snakes.

Scott and Megan said...

hot damn it's aimee and nick on the blogger!!! love it! love the pics and your 1,2,3 is freaking hysterical. love it all keep the photos coming! love you tons!! xoxo

The Dickinson's said...

What??Oh my gosh I would have been freaking out!! That is so funny though. I'm a wimp when it comes to snakes..so sorry I won't be coming to your house for a while. Just kidding. Love the blog. Hope you guys are doing good. Love ya.

The Dickinson's said...

I just noticed that you put Anakin and Jaclyn for our name on your contact list. That is so funny! Brandon totally looks like him..he just wont admit it. I always forget to call him that. I'm going to today.

Lindsay said...

gross Amy

Crystal said...

Aimee..do you remember me from the daily universe? Crystal Farnbach-Goddfrey! I can't believe I stmbled upon your blog. Matt &I just had our first baby 3 mos. ago and we live in Megan Lee's ward (how I found yours. Anyway good to see you are doing so well