Monday, March 24, 2008

Trip to the Mountain

So anyone who doesn't know what going to my Grandma Stiborek's mountain means let me explain. Pretty much it is a 5 acre cabin/garden/park/orchard place of hard hard work. It is the place that Lola (Grandma Stiborek) has built and is the place that she produces all of her wonderful jellies, frozen fruit, tomatoes, peppers, okay so pretty much anything you can think of from tomatoes to okra and rubbarb. She is amazing and we love her dearly! So we met Cam in Vegas last Friday and headed up to the mountain Saturday morning to get her gardens ready for the upcoming season. My mom gave me an outfit to put Carter in so he wouldn't get any of his clothes dirty and then she said I could throw it away. Cole, who loves clothes, was a bit dismayed because Grandma Johnson didn't give him anything to wear, so the whole time driving up there he kept saying stuff like this outfit is too big for Carter and maybe someone who is bigger could wear it. Then he would say he is bigger and maybe he could wear it. So as soon as we hit the cabin he ran inside and put on the outfit which didn't fit him at all but wore it with pride anyway. Cameron says that I have some pretty good blackmail pictures for the future. I love it. So here are some pictures from our trip. Carter loved the backpack carrier. He was a really good baby while we were up there for the day. The last one of Cole pouting was because he didn't get to use the big tools.










The cabin in the winter




1 comment:

disneyking said...

ahhh how I miss Work Trips.
Well okay, so I've only ever gone on one, but it was fun. The most memorable part from that trip was Blake throwing an empty water bottle near Brooke, but it actually hit her. She got soo mad. Ohh how I miss B-dogg and Blake. I haven't seen them in forever.
I love the picture of Carter in the hat. And yes, you definitely have some blackmail photos of Cole in his work clothes. I laughed out loud at that first pic.
Hope you had a good trip. Long live Grandma and her ultra soft towels.